The village was recorded in 1584. The wooden church, under the spiritual protection of the Holy Archangels, was moved to the present site, named Dealul Carjii, in 1810, having been brought from Suciu de Jos.
The simple rectangular construction has a square apse narrower than the rest of the church. The single span roof covers the entire structure, while the eaves are lowered more than usual.
The oak walls have double Loints at the corners. In the upper part, short brackets support a very high roof truss, covered with zinc-plated sheets.
The bell-tower rises above the pronaos; and it is covered with shingles up to the watch-tower. Its parapet is hidden by boards decorated with triangular fretwork. The balcony is supported by eight short pillars fixed to the upper corona by braces. On top the ﬂared steeple is rounded at its pinnacle, and is covered with zinc-plated sheets.
The entrance door, placed on the southern side, has a massive frame made of oak,
decorated with rosettes, which are partly reserved. The arched door panel has an applied, decoration, in the shape of a wreath, on its upper part.
The Holy Doors are painted with the Holy Spirit, symbolized, by a dove, on both panels. In the lower part there are the four Evangelists, with no other decorations.
The Deacon’s doors are painted with the Annunciation on the right and the Holy Archangels on the left.
The sidewalls of the nave reserve a beautiful scene painted like a rug, with the motif of the cross, enclosed between rhombus-shaped frames. There is no other evidence of ainting.
White stars on a blue background can be seen on the vault and on the Iconostasis.
The Sanctuary does not house religious objects except for two beautiful wardrobes, where the priest keeps his clothes. These are painted with bunches of flowers and with Angels with two heads. There is also a painted wooden cross on both sides.